Whittington Green School is a mixed community school for students aged 11 – 16 years.
The school is located in Old Whittington, which is to the north of Chesterfield, on a pleasant open site with extensive playing fields and sports centre.
The current number on roll is 417 and the admission limit is 900.
To empower our students to become creative, confident lifelong learners who will lead productive, successful lives and realise their dreams.
To work in partnership with the community to deliver a high quality experience where our students will recognise and achieve their full potential.
Our Commitment to you
We will provide a creative, stimulating, innovating and supportive environment to ensure continuous improvement on our journey to outstanding.
Our aims are to:
- Create an ordered, caring and supportive environment, which recognises and encourages the achievement of high standards in all areas of school life.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum, which provides equality of opportunity for all and provides students with the knowledge, skills, understanding and qualifications they need for later life.
- Develop an ethos, which values the contribution of all its members, encourages personal development and celebrates success and achievement through our student evaluators.
- Whittington Green School has been involved in the Derbyshire Extended Schools Project since 2003 and places a high profile on introducing the new government initiative of ‘Every Child Matters’.
We believe it is important that we work closely with the LEA and other agencies to ensure our students work towards:
- Being Healthy
- Staying Safe
- Enjoying and Achieving
- Making a Positive Contribution
- Economic Well Being