Aims and values
The school aims to:
- Create an ordered, caring and supportive environment, which recognises and encourages the achievement of high standards in all areas of school life and provides students and staff with opportunities to develop their full potential.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum, which provides equality of opportunity for all and provides students with the knowledge, skills, understanding and qualifications they will need for later life.
- Develop an ethos, which values the contribution of all its members, encourages personal development and celebrates success and achievement.
- Provide a pleasant and stimulating environment which contributes to the identity and pride in the school.
- Develop links and partnerships with parents and the wider community.
- Offer quality careers education and guidance promoting education as a life-long process and preparing students for the world beyond school.
- Involve all its members, teaching and support staff, students, parents and governors in the delivery of quality education.
- Promote equality of opportunity for all members of the school community and celebrate cultural diversity.
As a school we hope to:
- Develop in students a sense of self-discipline and an acceptance of responsibility for their own actions.
- Encourage respect and consideration of others and for the environment.
- Create an atmosphere and community in which effective learning can take place.